Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Week 4: Comments to Golda's Post


Golda's Post:

marriageTelling the WE story has me reflecting on my marriage. We have been together for 15+ years. Part of our success is the ability to communicate. We talk about everything including small talk. Topics will vary and sometimes we will argue. Even though we may argue about things, we tend to in the end come up with the possibility of agreeing to disagree. It is because of this philosophy, we find that we cannot stay angry at one another. Agreeing to disagree allows for mutual respect. It is this mutual respect that gives us our inner strength within our relationship. Another thing that made us stronger is that we were friends first and later to become best friends. Best friends do everything together and support one another in their endeavors. I truly believe that I would not have reached my goal of obtaining a second Masters degree if we did not go through it together. It was the support network that we had that enabled me to achieve this goal. Now we will go through the process of working toward me gaining employment once my goal of this degree is obtained.

Comments to Golda's Post:

Golda,
The chapter about the WE story is something that many people take for granted but is so important to the nature of human beings. We need to have someone to connect with ~ and we need to be able to accept how our actions are related to the world around us. That is something that our young (and sometimes older) students can not grasp, they can feel like the center of their universe yet can not see the bigger picture.
Congrats on having a successful marriage where you can communicate so well. Agreeing to disagree ~ isn’t that the key sometimes? Best of luck after Full Sail, we certainly have the tools now for new and different employment opportunities!


1 comment:

  1. Dear Golda,

    Thank you for sharing your touching story about your marriage. I was fortunate to find someone with which I often agree. We do not argue if we disagree, we adopt a policy of, “well that is interesting, why do you feel that way?” I am not saying that we live a life full of lilacs, but we do well enough. We do respectfully argue more on vacations, something I have been unable to understand.

    The process of remaining your own person while sharing the common goals of another is an interesting challenge. I was not prepared for this process to be so interesting. I am not sure how to prepare students and my own children for such a process of marriage. There are no handbooks in life, but more information is handy! I wish you the best of luck to you and your family. ~Faith.

    ReplyDelete