Saturday, October 1, 2011

BP2 iGoogle PLE


I would like to start my post on iGoogle by saying this is a tool I learned about in the first course (MLR), and I have already become so dependent on it I couldn't imagine not using it. I love the fact that I can access everything from my MacBook, my desktop computer, the computers at school, and literally everywhere I can get online. In the past I simply used bookmarks to remember sites, but that only worked if I was sitting in front of my desktop computer. My team, TeacherTechies, has been using the power of iGoogle since the first course to help us stay connected and organized. We are utilizing Google+ to communicate often, and it is awesome how iGoogle and Google+ work together. I did not have multiple tabs set up until now, just the "home" tab. I did not realize that was possible, and was just running everything off my home page ~ but that was starting to get long and I had to scroll to the bottom to see some gadgets. As I continue learning and growing with iGoogle, it becomes even more invaluable.

Above is a screen shot of my iGoogle homepage. I have my theme set up to "theme of the day" for variety; no, I am not addicted to shoes! I have been using this for three months now. I have found box of links to be incredibly helpful, and google docs are amazing too (it doesn't show up in the screen shot, but when I scroll down it is there). For collaborating with people who are geographically diverse, google docs can't be beat!

The screen shot above is my FSO/ Action Research tab. It will come in very handy to have links for some of the sites I visit most often while working on my Action Research over the next nine months.

The next image is a screen shot of my resources page. I have included a countdown to Full Sail Graduation to keep my eyes on the prize!

My final Screen Shot is one still in progress. I would like to have a page where I can have all of my cohort's blogs from this course. I have put my team "TeacherTechies" in one box of links, and plan to add links for other people in the cohort once I subscribe to them all. Looking forward to sharing ideas with new friends.

Finally, I would like to make note that I have changed to the Blogger platform since most people are using this and I wanted to expose myself to new technology. I have a class blog with Edublogs. I started off my first post with the Edublogs platform, but decided to change to this to make my subscriptions easier to see, and to have more experience with different blogging platforms. I am going to send everyone an invitation to follow my new blog now. Hope to hear from many friends soon!


1 comment:

  1. It is nice that you are a follower LOL. It looks great cindi

    ReplyDelete