Saturday, October 1, 2011

BP1_Welcome to my blog

"A teacher affects eternity: he never can tell where his influence stops." ~ Henry Adams

This blog is a place for me to share my thoughts, questions, emotions, worries, successes, challenges, concerns, accomplishments, skills, knowledge, and other ramblings as I work through the Emergent Technologies course in the Education Media Design and Technology Master's program at Full Sail University.

I lead a very busy life; I am a full time teacher with a challenging new position. More details to come on that =) I am also a full time mother to three amazing young men, ages 5, 10, and 14. Add to those roles that of wife, student, colleague, friend, leader, and coach. Sometimes sleep is the one thing I wish for the most!

Full Sail has been a very good fit for my life so far, and I have learned so many new tools to use in my classroom. I am becoming comfortable with iMovie, podcasts, VoiceThread, Animoto, and Wordle just to name a few.

I chose the name "affecting eternity" for my blog because I have always loved the quote by Henry Adams. I have had students come back to visit me as adults and they remember things about elementary school that have affected them in profound ways. I hope to be someone who students can look to and remember long after my class is over.

Speaking of hope, here is a short iMovie of my Second Grade Vikings last month talking about their hopes and dreams for the school year. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment