Tuesday, October 4, 2011

PE1_iMovie

After mucking around in iMovie for the first three months of EMDT, I think I had figured out some of the basics.  The Lynda tutorial was great for advancing my knowledge and explaining some things I was still fuzzy about.  I understand the idea of letting us explore iMovie on our own first before giving us the Lynda.com tutorial, and I had found some YouTube tutorials that had helped me out a bit while first trying iMovie.  This Lynda.com tutorial, however, was far superior to anything I had found on my own!

I must admit, when reading the directions and seeing that this tutorial would take 3 hours and 28 minutes, my first reaction was that of dread (ok, and disbelief too!).  How can a 3 and a half hour video possibly be interesting?  We all lead busy lives, and who has time to sit in front of a MacBook for that long?  Well, it turns out that Lynda.com thought of this and gave the tutorial in short, separated clips.  Watching each section in each chapter separately kept things interesting, and made it so much easier to absorb and take in.
As you can see, the Welcome chapter only lasted 1 minute 44 seconds, and consisted of two sections.  The Getting Started chapter was 1 minute 6 seconds long.  Since the tutorial was easing me into these lessons,  it no longer appeared so overwhelming.  I made a point to watch only one chapter at a sitting so that my brain would have some time to process all the new knowledge.  I am now a fan of Lynda.com trainings!  If you are unfamiliar, check out Lynda for more details.  It is a paid membership; however if you are new to this technology as I am, it is well worth the fee.  Thank you Full Sail University for the membership!

No comments:

Post a Comment